Arguably one of the most popular meal prep recipes around. It’s high in protein and VERY easy to customize to fit your tastebuds and your macronutrient goals.
Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding your favorite seasonal vegetables, swapping quinoa for brown rice or potato, adding lean turkey or sausage, and the list goes on…
Ingredients for 9 large muffin frittatas:
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon 2% Greek yogurt (or skim milk)
- 1 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar
- 4 tablespoons oat flour (optional)
- Spice Cave Wind seasoning (or low sodium herb seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon habanero hot sauce (optional)
- Set oven to 400F.
- Beat together with Greek yogurt (or milk) then toss in seasonings. Mix together.
- Add the quinoa, veggies and cheddar to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly together using a spatula. Once mixed, you can add optional flour to the egg mixture in order to thicken it.
- Evenly divide the egg mixture among the muffin molds. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 400F, or until the egg mixture is fully cooked.
- After baking, allow the frittatas to slightly cool before removing them from the muffin molds.
Approximate macros for 1 of 9 large frittatas:
149 calories, 12g protein, 9g carbs, 6g fat, 1g fiber, <1g sugar