This post is also available in: Spanish
Here’s a fail proof recipe to satisfy your taste buds after a nice workout or long day. Rich in protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fat!
It’s easy to customize for you and your family and only takes about 20 minutes.
Ingredients for 1 pizza:
- 5 oz salmon fillet (boneless with skinz)
- 1 piece wheat naan bread
- 2 tbsp low sodium BBQ sauce mixed with spicy chili sauce
- ¼ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup bell pepper strips
- ¼ cup red onions, sliced into thin half rings
- Seasonings to taste: paprika, garlic, Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning, sea salt & pepper
- Set oven to 405F.
- Ensure the salmon fillet is free of bones. Ask your butcher for help if you are not sure how to do this.
- Season the salmon fillet with paprika powder, garlic, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon on nonstick aluminum foil for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and cool. When the salmon has cooled down, you can flake the salmon easily with a fork. Do not worry if the salmon is not fully cooked through. You bake it again on the pizza.
- Prepare the BBQ/ chili sauce by mixing 2/3 BBQ sauce with 1/3 chili sauce. Ratio is according to how spicy you like it.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the naan bread and top with the sliced mushrooms, strips of bell pepper, onion, salmon and the grated cheese
- The quantity of each topping is your choice.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 11 minutes. Until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Serve hot.
Approx macros per pizza: 480 calories, 43g protein, 38g carbs, 16g fat.