It’s time to level up your chicken game! With a few simple ingredients, you can turn that bland chicken breast into a meal you look forward to eating everyday.
Try this super simple recipe for honey BBQ mustard chicken.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1lb chicken breasts (or tenders)
- pinches of sea salt & pepper
- Sauce (makes enough for 3lb chicken):
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Fire up the grill (or your oven to 400F).
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Season chicken breast pieces or tenders with sea salt and pepper. If desired, not required, skewer the pieces with wooden kabob sticks.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Then, brush or rub the chicken with the mustard sauce and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes (or until the chicken) is completely cooked and the inside is white.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings (kabobs):
144 calories, 27g protein, 3.5g carbs, 1.5g fat, <1g fiber, 3g sugar