This post is also available in: Spanish
Sometimes there’s either just not enough time, or admittedly, I’m just not in the mood to cook. We’ve all experienced those moments.
So, one product I always keep in my freezer is whole wheat naan bread. Not only is it delicious, but also it’s also a healthy complex carbohydrate that I can use to make a faux-pizza. Great time saver, no hassle and family-approved.
Naan doesn’t even need to be defrosted. Simply add your toppings and pop it in the oven.
- 1 piece wheat naan
- 6oz lean ground bison
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp Annie’s Naturals Organic BBQ Sauce
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Set oven to 395F.
- Season and cook ground bison in a skillet with cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and pepper.
- Spread BBQ sauce on naan bread. Then, add spinach.
- Place cooked ground bison on a piece of naan bread.
- Top with chopped or thinly sliced red onions and goat cheese.
- Place the naan bread on a baking rack (so that the bottom does not get soggy)
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Approx macros: 528 calories, 48g protein, 45g carbs, 18g fat (only 5g from bison)