Today, I’m taking a walk down memory lane and REMIXING one of my first YouTube videos – baked oatmeal for meal prep.
This version is redone in order to: 1) stay moist throughout the entire week, whether you heat it up or not; and 2) help you practice better portion control and give you “just enough” to help curb cravings.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Ingredients for 48 mini-muffins (UPDATED):
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or dark chocolate powder)
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup agave (or raw honey)
- or 1/2 cup if you have a sweet tooth…like me.
- 12 tablespoons dark chocolate chunks (1 tablespoon should be enough for 4 mini-muffins, about ~2 chunks on each mini-muffin)
- shaved almonds (optional)
- coarse sea salt
*** – You can use a regular-sized muffin pan.
- Set oven to 350F.
- Peel the ripe bananas and mash them up with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add ripe avocado to the banana and mash together.
- Beat in two eggs, then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients, then slowly add to the bowl of wet ingredients. Gently fold everything together using a spatula.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray, then add about a tablespoon of the mixture to each one. Top them off with 2 chocolate chunks and a pinch shaved almonds. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until you can pierce them with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let them slightly cool, then remove them from the muffin pan and place on a cooling rack or a plate to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container or sealable bag.
Approximate macros for 1 of 48 muffins:
64 calories, 8g carbohydrates, 3g fat, 1.5g protein, 2g fiber, 4g sugar